How To Renew Your Visa?
It is time! Your visa to the United States has expired, and it is time to renew it. What happens next? Visa applications, as you are already aware, may be difficult. There is a lot of paperwork, rules, and stress involved. If you need any kind of help, it is best to talk to a Queens, NY Immigration Lawyer right away.
Remember that there are around 185 distinct US visas, each with restrictions and criteria. This is meant to be a broad reference for renewing most visas. Contact your nearest US Embassy or Consulate if you need more information or have any queries. The following are the seven steps to renewing your US visa:
- Check to see whether your visa can be renewed.
- Fill out form DS-160/apply for a nonimmigrant visa online
- Determine whether you are eligible for a visa interview waiver.
- You must pay the visa application fee.
- Send any supporting documentation.
- Attend a visa interview (if one is required).
- Await a decision
Check to see whether your visa can be renewed.
The first step in renewing your US visa is determining whether it is eligible for renewal. It sounds easy, but not much qualifies as “easy” regarding visa requirements. Here are some things to look into to see if you can renew your visa:
- You cannot have been denied another visa after being granted your first.
- Your existing visa must be valid for at least one year and multiple entry into the United States.
- You must still meet all of the usual requirements for the visa type you seek.
It is also important to understand that you must apply for a visa renewal in your home nation. The visa cannot be renewed within the United States.
Fill out form DS-160/apply for a nonimmigrant visa online.
Is the DS-160 familiar to you? It should be! It was the first form you filled out at the start of your visa application process. There is no specific form for renewing nonimmigrant visas. In reality, you are simply restarting the entire procedure. Once you have submitted your application, save the confirmation email. You must submit it along with your other documentation.
Determine whether you are eligible for a visa interview waiver.
The US Interview Waiver Program (IWP) permits eligible people to renew their visas without going through another interview. If you do not meet the requirements, you must arrange another one. For more information, reach out to an expert today.